Bra Fit Guide
Like a pair of jeans, every bra fits slightly differently and not every bra will suit every bust shape, so it’s great to try a few styles of Hotmilk bras to make sure you get the support you deserve. Below are some steps on how to fit your bra correctly...
- Before fitting the bra, extend the shoulder straps out right to the end.
- Slip the straps over your shoulders and whilst holding both ends of the bra, lean forward into the bra so your bust falls naturally into the cups.
- Stand up straight and firmly fasten the back closure. All Hotmilk bras have 6 rows of hook and eyes to provide room for expansion in the diaphragm. If you are later in your pregnancy, ensure you have room to tighten the band once baby is born and your diaphragm contracts back in.
- Pull the bra down firmly to position the back fastening underneath the shoulder blades.
- Using the opposite hand, lift the bust into the bra cups to correctly position them in the cup. Note: There should be enough room in the cup to allow one hand to slide into the upper cup for expansion when your milk flow arrives.
- Lastly adjust your shoulder straps so they give a firm but comfortable uplift to the bust.
Should sit comfortably over the breast and provide good coverage without any wrinkling or bulging over the cup. If pregnant, ensure you have enough room in the cup to allow one hand to slide into the upper cup for expansion when your milk flow arrives.
Should run parallel with the ground and sit firmly but comfortably around the back. If you are in the later stages of pregnancy, ensure you have enough room to tighten the band once baby is born and your diaphragm contracts back in.
Should rest comfortably on the shoulders. They should feel supportive and not dig-in or leave red marks.